At Barnies we are continuing to invest in our coaches, our coaching frameworks and curriculums to support all our coaches, new and old, perform to their best.
(Check out our Coaches Corner for some of the available resources.)
The typical duties of a primary coach (and assisted by his or her assistants) would be:
- Running training sessions, at least once per week for 60 to 90 minutes for the younger kids
- Running twice weekly sessions of 60 to 90 minutes for the older teams
- Coaching the team on game day (Sundays), and at various gala days throughout the season.
- Participation in and support of Barnies external coaching initiatives
- Participation in pre-season skills assessment sessions for the relevant age group and final squad selection (as required)
All Barnies coaches must sign the Barnies Coach Code of Conduct, comply with Working With Children requirements and abide by any coaching policies implemented from time to time by Barnies.
All appointments and terminations are at the absolute discretion of the Barnies and we may ask a coach to step down if, in our opinion, the Code of Conduct is breached.